Castle Laval (53)
- 1000 m2
- 15 rooms
- 6 bedrooms
- land 15 ha
A harmonious, fully restored, listed chateau estate, spanning 15 hectares, in the Pays-de-la-Loire region.
On the outskirts of a village with all main shops and amenities. Near to the town of Laval which is connected by the fast train line to Paris and to Roissy-Charles-de-Gaulle airport (ten daily return journeys respectively taking 70 and 90 minutes). Also near to a slip road for the A81 motorway which goes from Paris to Brittany's capital (Rennes is less than an hour from Laval).
A long driveway, bordered by trees and crossing the parkland's grasslands and woods, leads from the village to the property. Entrance gates open on to a very wide courtyard, partially surrounded by a dry moat and laid out in front of the chateau's regular, elegant facade. The outbuildings, set out around the courtyard, comprise stables, a dovecote, pigsties, a barn, a small corner pavilion, a caretaker's cottage and, lastly, a chapel. A central parterre, displaying its original design, takes up a large section of the courtyard in front of the chateau. A copse of very old trees stands to one side. A regular, terraced, back garden, reached via granite steps, looks down on to the rear of the chateau.
The first castle dated from medieval times. In the 16th century, its status was raised to that of a
reference : 442324 - Le Figaro Properties reference : 18185191