- 197 m2
- 7 rooms
- 4 bedrooms
A presbytery, the construction of which dates back to the 18th century, with parklands crossed by a stream, in a peaceful Loir Valley village.
This property, where the borders of the old French provinces of Maine and Touraine meet, is in a village in the heart of an urban triangle with Le-Mans (45 km), Tours (60 km) and Vendôme (40 km), 200 km from Paris. Via the A11 Paris-Le-Mans motorway, the exit to take is La-Ferté-Bernard, via the A28 Rouen-Tours motorway, take the Château-du-Loir exit. Vendôme TGV train station (35 km) has 44-minute links to Paris-Montparnasse. The Loir Valley, a land of gastronomy, art and culture, is a small vine-growing and tourist region 60 km to the north of the Loire Valley. Near to character towns with contemporary art and crafts centres as well as numerous vestiges of the past. The mild climate, the soil and the vine stock encourage the production of wines such as Coteaux-du-Loir (with AOC appellation since 1948) and Jasnières (with AOC appellation since 1937). There are numerous other local products. Bercé Forest, spanning more than 5,000 ha, is less than 20 km away. A royal forest in the 14th century and renowned for its first-class oak plantations, it has a multitude of outdoor activities with 280 km of hiking, trekking and mountain bike circuits. Water sports are held on the Loir.
Between 5 and 15 minutes from three villages with all amenities (shops, schools, cultural and sports centres) and 20 minutes from a small town with a cinema, a hypermarket and a sixth form college.
This sober presbytery is on the outskirts of the village, concealed behind high walls. Its construction, dating from the 18th century, was enhanced in the 19th century. A wooden gate, on the west side of the property, provides access to the front door of the presbytery, on its porch. The view from here takes in the courtyard and the parklands, crossed by a stream. The perimeter wall, on the road side, features a porch way with freestone pillars and tall entrance gates for letting vehicles in. An outbuilding on its right-hand side has been partially converted as a guest house, whilst also being used as a garage and for storage purposes. The land on the other side of a little bridge is planted with trees and the view extends over grasslands. Behind the residence, on the east side, a modest vegetable garden, bordered by the stream, can be reached from the lounge via several steps. This presbytery is constructed over a basement level comprising cellars.
The old presbyteryThis old rectangular residence, spanning three levels over cellars, has a hip slate roof. The quarry stone block walls are covered with lime-rendering, the lower section of which needs redoing. Freestone has been used for the window framing and the quoins. The inside is extremely bright courtesy of its east-west-facing, through layout. The window frames and glazed doors are made of oak wood. The shutters are outside, indoor in the lounge. Freestone fireplaces stand against the walls, beams are exposed and the terracotta floor tiles are old.
An entrance hall, reached via the porch way, provides access, right, to a 19th century stairway, straight on, to a toilet with a wash-hand basin and, left, to a room in use as a dining room and kitchen, featuring a freestone fireplace as well as an attractive
reference : 381104 - Le Figaro Properties reference : 17438007