- 260 m2
- 11 rooms
- 4 bedrooms
- land 2.3 ha
A small, 19th century manor house, awaiting restoration, 2 hours from Paris in the Champagne region.
3œ hours from Brussels, 2œ hours from Luxembourg and 2 hours from Paris.
30 minutes from the banks of Der Lake, Europe's biggest artificial lake, with its 4,800 ha of water surrounded by a 5,000 ha national forest.
The common crane, the biggest wild bird to be found in France with its 2 metre wingspan, is the symbol of this internationally renowned bird sanctuary. This beautiful site also includes activities such as water sports, swimming and a casino. A tarmac road leads through the countryside to this property, standing just outside of a village.
The only neighbour of this manor house, standing in the midst of its two hectares, is a large farm shed. It is preceded by a main courtyard, bordered on one side by a large outbuilding. This group of buildings is surrounded by two pastures and a 2,500 m², wooded garden, enclosed by fencing, behind the manor house.
The manor houseThis manor house, constructed in 1860, comprises a main building and two wings set at right angles. Its Eternit slate roof, with a stone modillion cornice, tops two levels built over a partial cellar.
The facade is composed of rows of red and grey bricks, alternating stretchers and headers. Protruding, they flank the slightly arched openings featured on the facade.
A stone string course separates the two stories.
The main entrance is set in the middle of the building. It comprises double oak wood doors, with glazed sections protected by wrought iron.
The hall, featuring Comblanchien stone tiles inlaid with black decoration, opens via a door on to the garden at the back. Another door leading to the cellar is under the stairway.
A large, L-shaped reception room is on the right-hand side. This tiled room has a marble-framed brick fireplace. The lounge area is delimited by oak wood flooring.
It is followed by a kitchen, in the wing set at right angles. Converted in the 1960's, it still has tiles and Formica furniture dating from that era. It is a particularly bright room.
A second reception room on the left-hand side of the hall features a marble fireplace as well as a delightful small study. It still has its original flooring and its fireplace, flanked by panelling.
Just like the first one, this wing houses a kitchen, but this is the original one. Its floor is paved with large, uneven flagstones and a fireplace, with rustic curves, takes pride of place.
The stairway goes upstairs from the hall. It is made of oak wood and enhanced with wrought iron railings.
The landing is extended on either side by a little corridor with, on one side, a vast 35 m² bedroom, with its fireplace, and a bathroom, dating from the 1950-60's, the wall tiles of which are adorned with dainty flowers.
A first bedroom on the other side overlooks the garden. It precedes a second bedroom, overlooking the courtyard, which has the particularity of communicating via a concealed passageway with a third bedroom. It also features a marble fireplace adorned with cariatids.
The flooring on this level is covered with carpet throughout.
This long building, constructed from breeze blocks and wooden cladding, has a sheet metal roof.
Spanning 500 m², it is divided into five storage areas. It could very easily be transformed into a stable especially as one of the pastures is right behind it.
reference : 867906 - Le Figaro Properties reference : 19889433
- EPC : n/a
- GHG : n/a