- 670 m2
- 15 rooms
- 10 bedrooms
- land 1.3 ha
A former holiday villa, surrounded by its landscaped parklands spanning approx. 1 ha, in the Centre-Val-de-Loire region.
This house, spanning approx. 670 m², is between town and countryside where the borders of the Sologne, Gâtinais and Berry regions meet. 5 minutes from Gien and 150 km from Paris, it is near to shops and Gien train station with links to Paris-Bercy in less than two hours. This area, with its excellent tourist trade, has many activities involving the river Loire such as fishing, boating and swimming in the summer season. There are also historical interests as the nearby Gien Castle was built for Anne-de-Beaujeu, the eldest daughter of Louis XI. The building currently houses a museum dedicated to hunting, history and nature in the Loire Valley. Dotted along the river are market towns separated by crops and woods.
An alleyway, bordered by residences surrounded by lush vegetation, leads to the property. Remote-controlled, double wooden gates open on to large parklands, planted with various species of mature trees. A small house, just inside the gates, is currently in use as a garage. A little further on, a chalet stands facing a field enclosed by a wooden gate where a pony meditates in the shade of the poplar trees. Slightly beforehand, a gravel alleyway leads to an impressive 1930's residence. Facing the entrance to the house, on the east side, a stone fountain and an ornamental pool enhance the parklands. A semi-circular bench is ideal for meditating and resting. Not far from the bench, a round, outdoor stone table is surrounded by chairs. A swimming pool, with an adjoining Jacuzzi, on the south side of the property, can be open or closed depending on the season.
The main residenceThis limestone, brick and reinforced concrete house was constructed in the 1930's. It was once used as a nursing home.
Facing the parklands on the east side, a wide, Burgundy stone porch is sheltered by a slate roof, supported on two white Doric order columns. This is where the double glass and metal entrance doors are to be found, in the centre of the facade.
Numerous wide, small-paned openings, with white stone jambs and sills, on the ground floor let copious amounts of light inside.
The walls are of brick and a white string course under a stylised cornice separates the ground floor from the first floor featuring the dual colours of half-timbering.
On the west side, another smaller Burgundy stone porch and its slate canopy shelter those wishing to enter.
All the openings are fitted with wooden rolling shutters.
A hip roof at the top of the main facade's central bay is designed to resemble an additional level.
The rest of the slate roof features miscellaneous roof dormers.
Four vast, adjoining rooms communicate via large, sliding doors, glazed with small panes. The advantage of this is that it gives a through view of all the ground floor reception rooms from the entrance hall. A lounge, spanning approx. 62 m², is enhanced with a large stone and oak wood, open-hearth fireplace, the mantel of which bears the coats-of-arms of the residence's first owner. He had three children, two lawyers and a doctor. The coats-of-arms feature two pairs of scales, symbols of justice, and a caduceus, evoking medicine.
This room has a marble floor. Neo-gothic style, double, wrought wood doors give this area plenty of character. The ceilings are 3.46 m high.
The dining room, on the south side, spans more than 46 m². It is enhanced with a stately marble fireplace comprising two curved architraves.
Another lounge on the north side has a white marble, open-hearth fireplace that is in good working order. Its numerous openings look out over the parklands, making this a very pleasant room. It precedes a 30 m² billiards' room, the walls of which are lined with wooden shelves, filled with all ...
reference : 347526 - Le Figaro Properties reference : 18362415