- 590 m2
- 10 bedrooms
- land 1.6 ha
Superb 13th century manor house with lots of charm and character with a gîte, ‘French boxes’ garden and salt water swimming pool.
The park is beautifully landscaped with a very small stream, shady terraces, trees and shrubs but also a French boxwood garden.
You enter through the small door of the tower made of 'local sand stone', with its steps carved in stone and worn out by the passage of the many occupants since its construction in the 12th century.
The manor house has recently been completely restored to its original state.
* A 1st living room with its gothic fireplace (37.3 m²), terracotta floor tiles.
* A 2nd living room with a fireplace sculpted in the stone by craftsman hands (34.7 m²), painted woodwork.
* A very small chapel with beautiful stained-glass window.
* A dining room / reception room (39.2 m²) with its 'monumental' fireplace and perfect state of conservation.
* The kitchen (44.3 m²) with period objects hanging on the wall which takes you back in time.
* A 1st bedroom (18.3 m²).
* A bathroom with toilet (6.5 m²).
* A 2nd bedroom (14.8 m²).
* A landing/corridor with toilet.
* A 3rd bedroom with its bathroom and dressing room (40 m²).
* A storeroom / laundry / pool room (33 m²).
On the 1st floor:
* The landing.
* A 4th bedroom with its bathroom and toilet (46.5 m²) this bathroom has been created in the ‘former covered way’.
* A 5th bedroom with bathroom and WC (55.3 m²).
* A 6th bedroom with beautiful wood panelling (35.2 m²).
* A bathroom and WC (21.6 m²).
* A 7th bedroom (20.5 m²).
On the 2nd floor: Under the roof
* A bedroom with its bathroom / WC in the room (38.8 m²).
* The attic (85 m²) still suitable for conversion, very nice roof frame and a beautiful height.
There is also a beautiful wine cellar under a part of the house with access from the outside.
The total living area is approx. 480 m².
In the bedrooms on the first floor there are also beautiful gothic fireplaces, superb woodwork and all in perfect condition, the floors are in terracotta and wood.
The whole has been renovated by craftsmen with respect for the authenticity and character of each room.
All the rooms are equipped with electric heating with quality resistance to heat each room properly.
The caretaker's house/gîte is next to the manor house with its garage and DIY workshop.
The gîte comprises:
* A living room (26 m²) with its mezzanine (16 m²).
* A fully fitted and equipped kitchen (23.6 m²).
* A 1st bedroom (15.6 m²).
* A 2nd bedroom (23 m²) with its bathroom / WC and sink in the room.
A storeroom / laundry.
A wine cellar under the house.
A garage/workshop with attic (40 m²).
Living area (115 m²).
Electric heating with lava stone.
Ideal property as a second home, perfect for B & B, and or seasonal rentals.
Many possibilities practicable.
The 13th century manor house and its independent gîte is located in the centre of the village with its few small shops and only at 10 minutes from Marmande
The village is steeped in history, in the area there are many gastronomic restaurants, golf courses….
The park of about 1.6 ha is magnificent.
In the middle of the park there is a boxwood garden 'Jardin à la Française', but first you cross a small 'natural watercourse' / stream with its plantations, wildflowers, agapanthus and other shrubs, a 'Healthy' place with good 'waves'.
A 'Jardin de Curé' garden has also been created you can grow your vegetables all year round.
The swimming pool is situated at the side of the house with a beautiful covered terrace with a summer kitchen.
The swimming pool, 12 x 5, is equipped with a diving pit, a salt water filtration system, the system has been redone in 2019 and with a safety fence in accordance with the current standards.
The terrace around the pool is paved and overlooks the park.
The banana trees provide a restful and relaxing atmosphere.
A perfect place to relax and enjoy evenings with friends over a glass of wine from the Aquitaine region.
Come and discover this superb property which will seduce you by its space and authenticity, and its comfort, the 'gothic' fireplaces carved in stone, the stained-glass windows, the stone staircase leading to the upper floors and even to the attic, the wood panelling is also magnificent and gives even more charm without forgetting the painted beams.
Le Figaro Properties reference : 29921411
- Garage & Parking
- Guard house
- Near golf
- EPC : N/A
- GHG : N/A
Price details of this manor:
Fees inclusive of tax to be paid by the purchaser: 5% of the price of the property
Price excluding agency fees: 800,000 €
About the condominium:
This condominium is not subject to ownership
No procedures in progress